Thursday, August 5, 2010

Hang's fan fiction (final)

Honey... I love you. - Ragnarok Online Fanfiction

Author's Note: I wrote something with more action and blood but I couldn't manage to squeeze it off into something that is less than 1000 words so I had to choose different idea. So here we are, guys, something romantic so I don't expect the boys to say "love it" I still hope they would though. I'm sorry that it turned out to be a tragedy but I just got this bad habit of torturing my characters. So hope you guys enjoy and oversee my grammar mistakes. Hehe.

Because Yoon mentioned it so I add another note here. Eventhough I didn't give them a name in the short story, but I will still explained a little bit about them here. "She" is an Assassin who felt in love with "he", a Wizard. Lotos and Todes are simply there friends. I don't really know why I gave name to their friend but not the main characters themselves.

Copyright note: Ragnarok Online (c) Gravity Co. Story and characters (c) me.


*      *
*

”Meh! you are not sweet at all.” She said, as she licked his cheek naughtily.

“...” Blushed, his face looked more disappointed than ever.

“But I’ll make you sweeter and sweeter.” She laughed. The laughter echoed all over the toy factory.

It was so cold out there... She stepped toward Lutie little by little, her body trembled gently in the snow. Far ahead, he stood there with his big gown and warm arms wide opened waiting for her. She rushed off, running as fast as she could, she was afraid, afraid that he would disappear, afraid that her beloved would vanish into this sorrowful white snow again. The snow faded away, so did his face... She plunged herself to him, waited for his arms to wrap around her, protecting her from the eternal cold snow of Lutie. He wasn’t there, never there. She fell down onto the white snow ground… onto the blurry white snow. Honey, do you remember? The first time we met. Lutie… so sweet but so cold.

”Desert night is so cold”

“Really?”

“Of course, a wizard in a big and warm coat like you wouldn’t know how could it is out here.”

“Haha, but you look hot wherever you are, honey.”

“Hey, I’m really cold here. Assassin’s suit is too thin for this cold.”

“Huh? I thought you have a Thief suit?”

“No, can you see? I’m wearing Adventure suit and I’m feeling so colddd!”

“Why don’t you buy a Thief suit?”

“I don’t have money at the moment, honey. And a good Thief suit is expensive.”

“Haha. Come here with me, honey, my coat is big enough for both me and you.”

Smiling… It was Lotos and Todes’ wedding day. Through the church’s colourful window glasses, flickering light of God made its way toward the happy lovers. She held his hand tightly, so tight to make sure that it wasn’t a dream. He was standing here, beside her, that was not an illusion... With his gentle warm arms, he hugged her tightly. Honey, remember the day God bring you to me? Forever for me?

“You will stay, won’t you? You won’t leave anymore, will you?”

“I don’t know, honey… I really…”

“Why don’t you look into my eyes and tell me you will stay or not?”

“Honey…”

“…”

“I’m sorry… You know I want to be with you and I wish that I could.”

“…”

“Don’t cry, honey. You know I’ll be back, you know I can’t live without you for that long…”

“But I want you… I want my husband to be by my side. I want you to hold me in your arms forever… I… Honey… I need you…”

Snow... Prontera was covered by white snow. Everybody was rushing through the crowd, seeking for each other’s warm arms. Christmas... How long had it been since they were apart? How long? She wondered. Day by day, she walked through the crowded streets of Prontera. Day by day, she wandered on the empty roads of Rune Midgard... Sometimes, she saw his shadow somewhere ahead, but when she reached him, he wasn’t there, never there. Todes told her to forget about him, and find a new man. Around her, there are good men who were willing to protect her, but... he said he would return... and she believed it, she trusted him.

“Honey…” He called out as he followed her on the boiling road of Magma Dungeon.

“Huh?” She turned back and looked at him.

“I love you” He said and out of sudden, he kissed her lips.

“…”

“…” He smiled at her, pretended to be innocent.

“I love you, too…” She smiled back and wrapped her arms around him.

Fading away in white, white snow... Honey… I love you… Diing… dooong… diingggg… doonngg...

*      *
*

7 comments:

  1. firstly, i am sorry that i can't help u with grammar mistakes.. (cause i'm the one who really needs some help!).. however, i could've notice how story is gonna be by just looking at the topic.. I knew Ragnarok Online for more than 10years(one of my good gaming list-.-) anyway it was quite sensational story to me tho.. (in good ways I hope.. haha;;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to hear that. Your comment means a lot to me because this one is written in my old writing style back in the day I started writing romance. Some people love the style, some say it's hard to understand things. So it's quite risky when I decided to write it in this style and post it.

    Side note: ha ha, I'm happy that there is someone here who understands some Ragnarok Online terms without some explanation :D since everyone might play different games or not playing any game at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi~ This fan fiction was really romantic.
    Frankly, I have not liked to read romantic novels...However, this was good. English is not my fisrt language....I have no suggestions in grammar. But if you do not mind,
    I have couple of suggestions from different parts though...
    One is the point of view.
    I thought that your fiction`s point of view is the 3rd person but there was an expression to disturb a coherence of the fiction.
    Like "she was afraid that he would disappear,~~"
    I think it would be better not to express how she felt to keep your point of view as the 3rd person. This would be help for you.
    Like " She rushed off. She did not care cold weather.. She just ran to him straightly..."
    Second is mentioning the name of hero and heroine.
    I know you mentioned their name later but firstly, it is hard to understand who she or he is to readers who do not know the Ragnarok.
    So I think it is better to mention names firstly or notify it on your 'Author`s Note'. Like 'This is a love story with blah and blah'
    That`s all~
    Sorry for wasting your time
    Good Luck~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sorry about the confusion. Ragnarok Online is an Online game so the characters are created and named by the person who play the game so it is not neccessary any character with a fix name. :D

    This kind of story with 3rd person point of view, that the author can jump into character's mind and inner emotion, is called 3rd person objective. Check out this link for an explaination about it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_of_view_%28literature%29#Third-person_view But I think you were right. I'd better tell less about the feeling and show more of what was happening. Ehehe

    About the name of the characters I wasn't sure about their names either, I'm just bad at thinking of names, haha. And I was thinking if names should be a good idea for story of this short. I think you're right, if you got confused then others might as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A love story, cool. Apart from a spelling error e.g could instead of cold, it was a good story. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool love story~ =D so much "hearts" between them XD it was a pleasure to read ^^

    ReplyDelete